Home

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Project Salamance Final Post: Field Testing

Finally after waiting longer than I had wanted I took the boards down to the B.I.G. (Brisbane Independent Gamers) weekend.

Played through the Salamanca scenario that we had played before in 15mm and I have to say that the boards were received well by those in attendance.


Design:  Some areas very very few had issues supporting my 6mm stands as I have them on magnet bottom bases making them a bit smoother than Dayle's balsa bases.  Also you can see that there is barely any forces deployed on the right board, this is historically accurate but a rather wasted area.  With most of the french deployed on the left and middle boards the scenario could do with some work to use this fields.

Material: The cloth cover looks great and stands up to close inspection well.  Flocked bases, which all our were did drop loose flock from time to time on the material that required picking off after the battle but that was a minor thing.

All round this was a great battle on a thing of great beauty.  Well worth ever hour spent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment