Home

Thursday 3 July 2014

Foam Working Tools

I am always looking for new tools that will make working with foam easier and have found a couple of items that I would not have thought of.

Meat Grinder
Thanks to an idea given to me by Peter from my Tuesday night Napoleonics group, Upholstory Foam placed in a bucket, covered in green paint and then run through a meat grinder will produce a product that will work well as forest cover or Clump Foliage substitute.  Do not use a automatic meat grinder and clean it as soon as your finished to get all the paint out.

I am yet to try this so I will post my outcomes here.




Weller 30W Wood Burning and Hobby Kit
Digging around online the other day I stumbled across a YouTube clip on Pyrography, burning an image onto wood with a very hot tool.  I found this while searching for soldering irons to help cut my many rivers needed for my Waterloo Campaign map project.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/weller-30w-wood-burning-and-hobby-kit_p5910150


While the kit itself lacks a decent length blade to aid in sculpting foam I am confident that I can find a wire or substitute to rig up something.

No comments:

Post a Comment