Home

Thursday 19 June 2014

Step Seven: Towns and Roads



On the home straight now with only Towns and Roads needing attention.

I picked up a acrylic paint tube from Spotlight again, J. Burrows Acrylic Paint "Sand" which looked very cream coloured to be to good for roads but I tested it on a piece of cotton first and when dried it turned a nice brown colour that lifts the roads off from the base colours but not to dominating the field.

You decide.  Take note of the path running along the river to the chapel on the hill to the left.

Calvarrasa de Artiba

Yes that is a bridge across the river, cut from a 10mm square balsa rod and shaped with a Ozito Rotary Tool from Bunnings.  Best purchase I ever made, buildings can be made in minutes and look great.  Roof over hangs the walls like they would in real life.  The chapel even has carved recesses for the windows.

Adding on the last of the buildings I use a bit of clump foliage that I have had stored away for ages to scatter about the town ships to give a bit of colour.  Lastly I used Foliage from Woodland Scenics, Early Fall Mix.  This gives me the yellow fields for wheat, two blends so I could mix it up.

And once this is all together we are left with this.



I have built up the towns a little more since these last shots were taken and they now look like this.


Chapel Calvarrasa de Arriba
Las Torres on the Right
Arapiles
Farm near Aldea Tejada
I have yet to decide if I want to put Miranda de Azan in the southwestern corner, I don't want it to be a hold up for battle on that particular section.  I do need to place something down for Azan but might just see how the board plays out first.

Step Cost = $19.50 ($7.50 Acrylic Paint, $12.00 Woodland Scenic Foliage)

Total Cost = $428.85

Time Taken ~4 Hours (15 Hours Total)

No comments:

Post a Comment