Home

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Step Three: Apply Felt Covering

I seem to be spending more time at Spotlight than any self respecting male should.  Having said that, its a model builders wonderland.  I had no problem finding the felt I was after but I was unable to find the Double Knitted cotton, settling for Broadcloth which ended up working just fine.

Acrylic Felt "Sand" 4 metres
Spotlight Product Info

I also picked up some spray on Contact Adhesive to glue it to the boards.

Once home, I laid some old towels down as the spray will go every where.  With wife's help we rolled up the felt once cut to approx 1.2m length to account for contours.  Then sprayed a section of the board then a segment about the same of the felt being careful not to get any glue on the face up side of the felt.

Then it was a matter of working it down over the terrain.  Here is all three boards with felt covering.



Step Cost = $42.95 ($29.96 for Felt,  $12.99 for Contact Adhesive)

Total Cost = $205.45

Time Taken ~2 Hours (7 Hours Total)

No comments:

Post a Comment